USA: Chiquita completes sale of subsidiary to Seneca Foods
US food company Chiquita Brands International has completed the previously announced sale of its vegetable canning subsidiary, Chiquita Processed Foods, to Vegetable processor Seneca Foods Corporation. The purchase price paid to Chiquita was US$110m in cash and approximately 968,000 shares of Seneca preferred stock that will be convertible into an equal number of shares of Seneca series A common stock.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China