USA: Chiquita insists pre-arranged Chapter 11 plan is working
Chiquita Brands International insisted yesterday [Tuesday] that it has emerged from its Pre-Arranged Chapter 11 restructuring as a healthy company with a solid financial structure. The company's Plan of Reorganization went into effect yesterday, only 111 days after its filing. The Plan had received overwhelming approval from all classes of the company's security holders and had been confirmed by the Court on 8 March.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre