US: Chiquita names ex-KPMG veteran as director
Chiquita Brands International has named accounting veteran Howard Barker, Jr. as an independent director.
The US company has decided to increase its board to eight members and said Barker would serve as a member of its audit committee.
"His leadership and extensive finance and audit skills accentuate an already strong group of independent board members whose vision and experience will continue to advance Chiquita's sustainable growth strategy," said chairman and CEO Fernando Aguirre.
Barker's accounting career spanned 30 years with KPMG, where he became a partner in 1982. Barker retired from KPMG in 2002.
Companies: Chiquita Brands International
Chiquita Brands International has said banana prices in North America for January and February rose 10% on last year, while volume for the same period remained flat....
Chiquita Brands has signed deals with African countries for the export of up to 30% of its bananas to the company's core European markets....
Chiquita Brands International has reported rising annual sales - a reflection on the company's steps to transform the company, CEO Fernando Aguirre said....
Chiquita Brands International has reported a 6% increase in fourth-quarter net sales to US$1.2bn, and announced that it is considering refinancing options....
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO