US: Chiquita posts loss for Q4 and year
Cincinnati-based Chiquita Brands International has posted a net loss for the fourth quarter of US$42m, or $0.99 per diluted share, including a $25m accrual related to a potential settlement of a previously disclosed US Department of Justice investigation. This compares with a net loss of $19m, or $0.45 per diluted share, in the same period last year. Net sales rose by 9% for the quarter to US$1.1bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail