USA: Chiquita reveals cannery closure plans
Chiquita Processed Foods (CPF) said a vegetable processing plant it bought from Stokely USA in 1998 will shortly be closed. The cannery in the Winnebago County town of Pickett will be closed as soon as its whole-kernel corn and green peas inventory is labelled and shipped. CPF, a subsidiary of Cincinnati-based global fruit processor and distributor Chiquita, explained that the closure is part of a move to consolidate its manufacturing locations and save money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch