USA: Chiquita reveals cannery closure plans
Chiquita Processed Foods (CPF) said a vegetable processing plant it bought from Stokely USA in 1998 will shortly be closed. The cannery in the Winnebago County town of Pickett will be closed as soon as its whole-kernel corn and green peas inventory is labelled and shipped. CPF, a subsidiary of Cincinnati-based global fruit processor and distributor Chiquita, explained that the closure is part of a move to consolidate its manufacturing locations and save money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins