USA: Chiquita reveals cannery closure plans
Chiquita Processed Foods (CPF) said a vegetable processing plant it bought from Stokely USA in 1998 will shortly be closed. The cannery in the Winnebago County town of Pickett will be closed as soon as its whole-kernel corn and green peas inventory is labelled and shipped. CPF, a subsidiary of Cincinnati-based global fruit processor and distributor Chiquita, explained that the closure is part of a move to consolidate its manufacturing locations and save money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix