USA: Chiquita sees slight improvement in Q1
Cincinnati-based marketer, producer and distributor of fruits, vegetables and processed foods, Chiquita Brands Int, said yesterday [Wednesday] that its Q1 2002 is slightly improved upon the same period in 2001. The company had a Q1 net loss of US$398m, including one-time charges of US$286m related to its financial restructuring and a charge of US$144m as a result of the adoption of SFAS 142, a new accounting standard for goodwill.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill