USA: Chiquita's reorganisation plan approved by security holders
Cincinnati-based Chiquita Brands International has announced that its pre-arranged Chapter 11 plan of reorganisation has been approved by all required classes of its debt and equity securities. According to a preliminary count of ballots received by the 28 February voting deadline, the plan was approved by more than 90% of the senior notes and subordinated debentures voted, in terms of both principal amount voted and number of holders voting. Holders of more than 90% of the shares of preferred stock voted and common stock voted also approved the plan. The final voting report will be filed with the Court this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units