USA: Chiquita's reorganisation plan approved by security holders
Cincinnati-based Chiquita Brands International has announced that its pre-arranged Chapter 11 plan of reorganisation has been approved by all required classes of its debt and equity securities. According to a preliminary count of ballots received by the 28 February voting deadline, the plan was approved by more than 90% of the senior notes and subordinated debentures voted, in terms of both principal amount voted and number of holders voting. Holders of more than 90% of the shares of preferred stock voted and common stock voted also approved the plan. The final voting report will be filed with the Court this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs