UPDATE: US: Chobani hits Latin America, eyes Caribbean
US yoghurt producer Chobani said today (16 April) it had started exporting to the Central American state of Panama - and is eyeing markets in the Caribbean.
Chobani, one of the leading suppliers of Greek-style yoghurt in the US, has added Latin America to the list of regions in which it is doing business.
Founded in the US in 2005, Chobani entered Australia and Canada in 2011. A year later, it entered the UK. The company has endured a rocky start to life in the UK, with a court battle over the use of the term 'Greek yoghurt' in the country.
Last week, Chobani's Australian arm confirmed it had started shipping to Singapore. This afternoon, the group said it had also entered Malaysia.
"Asia and Latin America have untold possibility for Chobani," president and COO David Denholm said. "We've had tremendous success in the United States and Australia and we'll be using our manufacturing hubs to expand our global presence."
Chobani is exporting "multiple flavours and formats" into Latin America. It said its products have been available in Panama "for the last few weeks" and will "soon" be available throughout the Caribbean.
In Asia, Chobani is selling single-serve plain and flavoured cups, as well as multi-serve plain lines.
Last month, it was reported private-equity group TPG Capital was in "advanced talks" to buy a stake in Chobani.
The yoghurt maker was reported to have approached private-equity firms and trade buyers to gauge whether there was interest in buying a minority stake in the business.
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the lat...
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the...
Having registered unit volume growth of 6% in 2012 due largely to a trend towards smaller pack sizes that offer the benefits of “portion control”, unit volume growth in dairy packaging slipped to 3% i...
Dairy Products (Including Milk, Butter, Yogurt and Cheese) Food Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311510 Vital indu...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017