US: Chobani moves into dessert and oats categories
Chobani's latest launch includes an oatmeal product
Chobani is venturing into more categories in the US, looking outside yoghurt and launching desserts and oatmeal products.
In a bid to broaden its portfolio "to offer better food for more people throughout the day", the firm has committed to the launch of six products in June.
"We've always believed that if we can't do something better, we won't do it at all. With our new products and innovations, we are extending the way people enjoy Greek Yogurt in America and bringing better food to more people," Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya said. "We're just getting started."
Chobani Indulgent - the firm's first dessert product - sees Greek yoghurt mixed with dark chocolate, fruit and cream and comes in four flavours including dulce de leche, and raspberry dark chocolate chunk.
Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats - "a cup of protein-, grain- and fibre-packed nourishment for those looking to start their day off right" comprises chilled Greek yogurt mixed with fruit and whole grain steel-cut oats. It is available in four flavours including banana maple and blueberry.
The firm has also launched Chobani Kids aimed at offering children a snack with a "low-sugar punch". It has added flavours to its Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt range such as key lime and pineapple coconut. It has also introduced Chobani Seasonal with "seasonally inspired flavours" such as Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit for summer. Chobani Kitchen, a 4% whole milk product designed for home-cooking, has been launched in a multi-serve format for recipes or a single-serve dish.
Chief marketing officer Peter McGuinness said: "The yoghurt story in America is just beginning and as the category leader we are creating new ways to enjoy Chobani's delicious, nutritious, natural products throughout the day. Our new flavours and formats bring new experiences with Greek yogurt and deliver on our founding premise that people have good taste, they just need more good options."
Read editor Dean Best's take on the moves from Chobani here.
NEW BERLIN, N.Y., Apr. 18, 2014 -- Chobani, LLC, maker of America's No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand, today announced the most significant portfolio expansion in the Company’s history with six new product innovations for July alone that push Greek Yogurt beyond breakfast and provide better food for more people throughout the day. The new products include Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats, authentically strained Greek Yogurt mixed with real fruit and whole grain steel-cut oats, Chobani Indulgent, the brand’s first dessert product and Chobani Kids, among several others.
“We’ve always believed that if we can’t do something better, we won’t do it at all. With our new products and innovations, we are extending the way people enjoy Greek Yogurt in America and bringing better food to more people,” said Hamdi Ulukaya, Chobani Founder and CEO, Chobani. “We're just getting started.”
Through Chobani’s product innovations, the pioneer and leader of the Greek Yogurt category is further expanding and growing the category, introducing new ways to enjoy yogurt. USDA estimates per capita consumption of yogurt has leapt from roughly two pounds in 1975 to about 14 pounds today. That remarkable growth, however, remains well below the approximately 40 pounds consumed in countries such as Germany and France or even the 20 pounds in Canada.
Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing and Brand Officer, said, “The yogurt story in America is just beginning and as the category leader we are creating new ways to enjoy Chobani’s delicious, nutritious, natural products throughout the day.” McGuinness added: “Our new flavors and formats bring new experiences with Greek Yogurt and deliver on our founding premise that people have good taste, they just need more good options” The six new innovations will join the fast-growing Chobani family beginning June 2014: · Bridging the breakfast gap between yogurt and oats, Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats is chilled, hearty and satisfying, with creamy, authentically strained Greek Yogurt mixed with real ripe fruit and whole grain steel-cut oats. In traditional flavors such as Banana Maple, Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry and Cranberry, the product is a cup of protein-, grain- and fiber-packed nourishment for those looking to start their day off right — Chobani's take on oatmeal.
· For people looking for a rich taste experience, Chobani Indulgent is the brand’s first dessert product, mixing creamy full-fat Greek Yogurt with luscious all-natural ingredients in beautiful clear packaging for a decadent treat. Real cream, dark chocolate and ripe fruits meet in Dulce de Leche, Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chunk, Mint Dark Chocolate Chunk and Banana Dark Chocolate Chunk flavors — indulgence has never been so innocent.
· Made with only natural ingredients, no artificial growth hormones (rbst free) low-fat plain Greek Yogurt, and real fruit, Chobani Kids is the delicious snack that packs the nutritional high protein, low sugar punch that moms want and new fun, finger-friendly packaging and new flavors that kids will love — grape, watermelon, vanilla chocolate dust among others—all about active enjoyment
· With a focus on flavor, Chobani Seasonal is an exciting seasonal twist to the core line – new, seasonally-inspired flavors that tap into trends and emerging tastes. The limited flavors will refresh each season, kicking off this summer with Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit — great fall flavors to come.
· Building on the tremendous success of its recently launched natural 100-calorie yogurt, new blended flavors of Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt in Key Lime and Pineapple Coconut will continue to deliver great-tasting, low-calorie options for weight managers looking for light yogurt made with only natural ingredients — the first and only 100 calorie Greek Yogurt using only natural ingredients.
· The introduction of 4% whole milk Chobani Kitchen inspires the chef in all of us and answers consumers’ call for full-fat dairy products -- delicious nutrition now available in a multi-serve format for recipes or a single-serve occasion — perfect for baking or on top of a baked potato, chile and fajatas.
Original source: Chobani
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the lat...
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the...
Having registered unit volume growth of 6% in 2012 due largely to a trend towards smaller pack sizes that offer the benefits of “portion control”, unit volume growth in dairy packaging slipped to 3% i...
The Greek yoghurt trend continues to sweep the US, helping yoghurt packaging to grow by 4% in 2012. No longer is Greek yoghurt a niche product found only in healthfood stores, it is now a mainstream p...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report