US: Chobani yoghurt best-selling new food brand in 2010 - SymphonyIRI
Chobani yoghurt was the top-selling new food brand in the SymphonyIRI poll
Chobani, the Greek yoghurt brand owned by privately-owned manufacturer Agro Farma, was the best-selling new food brand in the US last year, according to the latest annual poll from industry analysts SymphonyIRI.
The 2010 edition of the New Product Pacesetters for the US food and drinks industry said sales of Chobani were US$149.4m in 2010.
The Greek yoghurt was second on the list behind Coca-Cola Co. brand Powerade Ion4, which had sales of $190.5m last year.
The SymphonyIRI poll measures dollar sales across food, drug and mass channels - excluding Wal-Mart Stores - in the first year a product is launched.
Wonderful Pistachios, launched by Paramount Farms, was third after making sales of $114.1m.
Nature's Pride bread, owned by Hostess Brands, stood fifth - behind a second Coke brand, Glaceau Vitaminwater Zero, at four - and generated sales of $80.8m.
SymphonyIRI said on Wednesday (29 March) that the successful food and beverage products in 2010 "heavily catered to home-based eating rituals".
"Innovation around breakfast solutions and salty snacks accelerated, together representing more than half of new food dollars," the analysts said.
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Fresh produce, Frozen, Meat & poultry, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
This month's just-food management briefing looks at the use of self-service technology in food retail outlets around the world. In part one, Glynn Davis outlines the different concepts in place in sto...
UK retailers have intensified their battle to try to prove to consumers that they offer the best value for money. However, SymphonyIRI's Rod Street says a strategy that focused only on price would be ...
Wal-Mart Stores has acquired the leases to 39 outlets in Canada from fellow US retailer Target Corp....
Former Wal-Mart Stores executive Trey Johnson has joined US discount retailer Family Dollar Stores in a senior grocery role....
Dutch-based food retailer Ahold has named Wal-Mart Stores executive Anthony Hucker as president of its Giant Landover division in the US....
Asda's president and CEO Andy Clarke has announced two new appointments to the retailer's executive team....
Wal-Mart Stores has appointed the former chief executive of Russia's largest retailer by sales to a senior executive role....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details