ITALY/US: Chocolate firm Icam opens US office
Italy-based private-label chocolate maker Icam has opened a sales office in the US.
The company said today (18 May) that US retailers were starting to introduce "premium" private-label chocolate highlighting organic and single-origin concepts.
"Our recent North American projects confirm retailers there are leveraging premium private-label chocolates that emphasise organic farming or unique cocoa origins to create a positive halo effect for top private label brand families," said Carla Baroni, head of export for Icam.
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre
- Aryzta profits rise on M&A