ITALY/US: Chocolate firm Icam opens US office
Italy-based private-label chocolate maker Icam has opened a sales office in the US.
The company said today (18 May) that US retailers were starting to introduce "premium" private-label chocolate highlighting organic and single-origin concepts.
"Our recent North American projects confirm retailers there are leveraging premium private-label chocolates that emphasise organic farming or unique cocoa origins to create a positive halo effect for top private label brand families," said Carla Baroni, head of export for Icam.
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours