ITALY/US: Chocolate firm Icam opens US office
Italy-based private-label chocolate maker Icam has opened a sales office in the US.
The company said today (18 May) that US retailers were starting to introduce "premium" private-label chocolate highlighting organic and single-origin concepts.
"Our recent North American projects confirm retailers there are leveraging premium private-label chocolates that emphasise organic farming or unique cocoa origins to create a positive halo effect for top private label brand families," said Carla Baroni, head of export for Icam.
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform