ITALY/US: Chocolate firm Icam opens US office
Italy-based private-label chocolate maker Icam has opened a sales office in the US.
The company said today (18 May) that US retailers were starting to introduce "premium" private-label chocolate highlighting organic and single-origin concepts.
"Our recent North American projects confirm retailers there are leveraging premium private-label chocolates that emphasise organic farming or unique cocoa origins to create a positive halo effect for top private label brand families," said Carla Baroni, head of export for Icam.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning