WORLD: Chocolate retailers gear up for Valentine’s Day
Valentine's is traditionally a day of love and romance, though cynics would call it a money-spinning dream for the producers of flowers and chocolates. Whatever the reasons, chocolate is big business. The latest research from market analysts Datamonitor shows just how much is spent globally on boxed and novelty chocolate, for Valentine's and otherwise. Boxed chocs have always been popular, but novelty chocolates such as body paint or chocolate greeting cards, are getting increasingly popular due to their improved quality.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales