ITALY: Cirio Finanziaria reports increase in debt in H1
The acquisition of South African Del Monte is weighing heavily on Cirio Finanziaria , the parent group of Italian food multinational Cirio Alimentare . For H1, Cirio Finanziaria announced debts stood at 1,870bn lire (US$0.89bn), 380bn lire more than at the beginning of the year. The sum is equal to the amount Cirio Alimentare paid Del Monte stockholders for control of the fruit and vegetable company after a lengthy dispute with Del Monte management.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth