ITALY: Cirio Finanziaria reports increase in debt in H1
The acquisition of South African Del Monte is weighing heavily on Cirio Finanziaria , the parent group of Italian food multinational Cirio Alimentare . For H1, Cirio Finanziaria announced debts stood at 1,870bn lire (US$0.89bn), 380bn lire more than at the beginning of the year. The sum is equal to the amount Cirio Alimentare paid Del Monte stockholders for control of the fruit and vegetable company after a lengthy dispute with Del Monte management.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex