CANADA: Citizens say "NO!" to Genetic Modification
As representatives of the biotech industry prepare to descend on Vancouver for the Pacific Rim Biotechnology conference, the city's citizens are planning a resounding rejection of genetically modified organisms(GMOs)and the corporations promoting them. Big Money, Bad $cience, a day-long "teach-in" on Friday, November 10, which has been arranged by Greenpeace and other members of Canadian Alert on Genetic Engineering (CAGE), will bring together scientists and other experts from around the world to detail the known and suspected environmental and human health risks inherent in our current unchecked race to embrace this unproven technology. Citizens of the world can attend.The teach-in will be simultaneously broadcast on the web by Vancouver Independent Media Centre and can be accessed at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry