UK: Classical Swine Fever animal welfare measures
Agriculture Minister Nick Brown announces a revised welfare support package for pig farmers under movement restrictions during the current Classical Swine Fever outbreak. The announcement follows further discussions with the National Farmers' Union and the National Pig Association. On 31 August exceptional payments for a welfare-related disposal scheme were announced in order to deal with the growing farm animal welfare problem for those under movement restrictions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project