Clearwater Seafoods appoints Teresa Fortney CFO
Teresa Fortney, CFO of Clearwater Seafoods
Clearwater Seafoods has announced the appointment of Teresa Fortney to the position of vice president and CFO as Bob Wight retires from the role.
Wight held the position of CFO for 28 years. Fortney will take over from 24 March.
Fortney has had roles with Maple Leaf Foods, Schneider Foods and McCormick. Most recently, she has been the CFO of Wescast, a company that produces car equipment.
Ian Smith, Clearwater's CEO, said: "Teresa has extensive operational, capital markets, and mergers and acquisition experience and I am confident her depth and breadth of experience will allow us to continue to advance our growth agenda."
Wight will, until his retirement, assume project leadership responsibilities for the integration of Macduff Shellfish, the UK-based shellfish harvester acquired by Clearwater in October.
"Bob and I have worked very closely over the last five years and his vast industry knowledge, amazing work ethic and steadfast commitment to the company have been well recognised and greatly appreciated. Bob was a co-author and major contributor to Clearwater's most recent and highly successful strategic growth plan that saw the company post double digit sales and adjusted EBITDA compound annual growth and I look forward to continuing to work with him in his new role while wishing him and his family well as he prepares for his well-deserved retirement later this year," Smith added.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk