USA: Clif Bar Signs With OM2 to Manage Operations
Clif Bar Inc. has signed an agreement with OM2, a manufacturing management company based in California, to handle production and distribution of its energy bars marketed under the Clif Bar and Luna Bar brands. Under terms of the agreement signed this week, OM2 will manage shipments to retailers and distributors, oversee product manufacturing, and balance inventory levels between production and distribution channels. OM2 is also responsible for information management throughout the inventory cycle. OM2 will be responsible for integrated supply chain management functions on a day-to-day scale. The company will manage the procurement of materials, schedule production, manage inventory and oversee product manufacturing. "Clif Bar recognizes the value OM2 can provide by managing some of its outsourced functions, especially as the company continues to grow," says Rick Malmborg, managing partner at OM2. OM2 manages a variety of operational functions within the manufacturing supply chain cycle. The company typically procures material, manages production, and oversees the packaging and distribution process for a variety of industries including cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, housewares, electronics, small appliances, chemicals and food products. OM2 also supports new product introductions, including changes to product lines, point-of-purchase materials and a variety of sales and marketing support functions at the retail level. OM2 has grown quickly in recent years, especially since start-up companies and large conglomerates continue to cut costs and respond quickly to market conditions by outsourcing many of the functions throughout the supply chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report