FINLAND/SWITZERLAND: Cloetta-Fazer sells trading arm to Valora holding
Finnish-Swedish confectioner Cloetta-Fazer has agreed to sell its trading business Handel to Switzerland's Valora Holding for SKr538m (US$50.65m), the groups disclosed today [Friday]. The chocolate and sugar confectionery company said its 2000 net sales came in at SKr2bn, while it employs 600 staff.
"The sale of the Handel trading business is part of a strategy to focus resources on core confectionery business operations," Cloetta-Fazer said in a statement. The deal is subject to approval by Finnish and Swedish competition authorities.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti