UPDATE: SWEDEN: Cloetta to expand Jelly Bean Factory in Europe
Cloetta plans to grow The Jelly Bean Factory sales in Europe
Cloetta plans to drive sales of The Jelly Bean Factory by feeding products into six European markets, the Sweden-based confectioner said today (28 May) after its acquisition of the brand's owner Aran Candy.
In a deal worth SEK140m (US$21.1m). Cloetta will buy 75% of Aran Candy. The agreement will see it take full control of the business in 2016.
The UK is Aran's largest market. The group also has a presence in countries including Ireland, Germany, US, Canada and the Middle East.
A spokesperson for Cloetta told just-food the company plans to beef up The Jelly Bean Factory's international presence - a move it believes will also unlock synergies for the group. "Over time there are also revenue synergies since we will be able to roll out the products via our own sales organisation in our six core markets - Sweden, Italy, Holland, Norway, Finland and Denmark."
The spokesperson added Cloetta's business in the UK will be "significantly strengthened" but declined to break out any figures. In the UK, Chewits is Cloetta's largest brand and the company recently acquired free-from firm Goody Good Stuff, which also serves the market.
Cloetta expects the acquisition to contribute to its earnings growth "over time" but did not provide further detail on the impact the deal would have on earnings in the current fiscal year. "The Jelly Bean Factory has attractive margins and it over time will contribute to our 14% EBIT-target," the spokesperson revealed.
Synopsis Canadean's "Cloetta AB - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Mars raised eyebrows in the US with support for calls for nutrition labels in the country to contain information on added sugar. Nestle has seen its infant formula production in South Africa hit by th...
After the integration in 2012 of acquired company Leaf, Cloetta AB has worked with cost savings and efficiency in order to reach synergies. One production plant in Denmark was closed down and another ...
The company defines its stated strategic goals in terms of margin expansion, volume growth, cost efficiencies and employee development. Margin expansion and volume growth will see the company seek gro...
Cloetta Finland Oy is the daughter company of Cloetta AB and second biggest confectionery company in Finland in 2013. The company’s goal is to keep its strong foothold in the market as well as increas...
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom