USA: Closure of Kozmo.com, CEO blames slump in market and earlier decisions
Kozmo.com is set to shut down and liquidate its assets, the latest in a long line of online casualties battered by falling funds, slumping markets and unwilling investors. Founded in 1998, the privately owned company was forced to cut its losses and close while it could still afford severance pay packages for the majority its 1,100 employees, 475 of which are situated at its head offices in Manhattan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid