USA: Closure of Kozmo.com, CEO blames slump in market and earlier decisions
Kozmo.com is set to shut down and liquidate its assets, the latest in a long line of online casualties battered by falling funds, slumping markets and unwilling investors. Founded in 1998, the privately owned company was forced to cut its losses and close while it could still afford severance pay packages for the majority its 1,100 employees, 475 of which are situated at its head offices in Manhattan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods