USA: Closure of Kozmo.com, CEO blames slump in market and earlier decisions
Kozmo.com is set to shut down and liquidate its assets, the latest in a long line of online casualties battered by falling funds, slumping markets and unwilling investors. Founded in 1998, the privately owned company was forced to cut its losses and close while it could still afford severance pay packages for the majority its 1,100 employees, 475 of which are situated at its head offices in Manhattan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations