UK: Co-op exec Taylor to join Spar's UK arm
Taylor, head of commercial operations for The Co-operative Farms, the retailer's farming business, will take his new role at Spar UK on 13 August. He replaces John Bleeze, who resigned from the position.
Spar said Taylor will look to increase the number of its outlets in the UK and develop its store formats.
Debbie Robinson, MD of Spar UK, said: "Ian's strong reputation for developing a growing, profitable and sustainable business by creating a strategic partnership approach to protect the security of long term supply makes him the ideal candidate to join SPAR UK in this extremely important and prestigious role."
Taylor added: "This is a fantastic brand to be working with given Spar's 55-year history in the UK and the fact that globally Spar is the largest food retailer in the world, and I am confident that my experience can help to drive the brand forward."
Fonterra is ranked in the top 20 among dairy players. However, this is due for the most part to its strong presence in Australasia. The company is looking to diversify, investing in a China-based dair...
French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial have announced a merger of their dairy activities....
In the final week before the Christmas and New Year break, just-food published its review of the year, which included lists of our most-read content and featured an in-depth look at the M&A, retail tr...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious