UK: Co-op exec Taylor to join Spar's UK arm
Taylor, head of commercial operations for The Co-operative Farms, the retailer's farming business, will take his new role at Spar UK on 13 August. He replaces John Bleeze, who resigned from the position.
Spar said Taylor will look to increase the number of its outlets in the UK and develop its store formats.
Debbie Robinson, MD of Spar UK, said: "Ian's strong reputation for developing a growing, profitable and sustainable business by creating a strategic partnership approach to protect the security of long term supply makes him the ideal candidate to join SPAR UK in this extremely important and prestigious role."
Taylor added: "This is a fantastic brand to be working with given Spar's 55-year history in the UK and the fact that globally Spar is the largest food retailer in the world, and I am confident that my experience can help to drive the brand forward."
French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial have announced a merger of their dairy activities....
In the final week before the Christmas and New Year break, just-food published its review of the year, which included lists of our most-read content and featured an in-depth look at the M&A, retail tr...
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has appointed Kingfisher executive Euan Sutherland as its new CEO....
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets