UK: Co-op exec Taylor to join Spar's UK arm
Taylor, head of commercial operations for The Co-operative Farms, the retailer's farming business, will take his new role at Spar UK on 13 August. He replaces John Bleeze, who resigned from the position.
Spar said Taylor will look to increase the number of its outlets in the UK and develop its store formats.
Debbie Robinson, MD of Spar UK, said: "Ian's strong reputation for developing a growing, profitable and sustainable business by creating a strategic partnership approach to protect the security of long term supply makes him the ideal candidate to join SPAR UK in this extremely important and prestigious role."
Taylor added: "This is a fantastic brand to be working with given Spar's 55-year history in the UK and the fact that globally Spar is the largest food retailer in the world, and I am confident that my experience can help to drive the brand forward."
French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial have announced a merger of their dairy activities....
In the final week before the Christmas and New Year break, just-food published its review of the year, which included lists of our most-read content and featured an in-depth look at the M&A, retail tr...
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has appointed Kingfisher executive Euan Sutherland as its new CEO....
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- McCormick to move roles to Poland