UK: Co-op posts 3.8% rise in like-for-like sales over Christmas
UK convenience store operator Co-op has announced that in the four weeks to 11 January food sales rose 3.8% on a like-for-like basis. Food sales rose 5.5% across the 1,700-strong chain in the four-week Christmas period. Sales figures for Co-op's recent acquisition, convenience store rival Alldays, were not included in the announcement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"