UK: Co-op unveils online ambitions
Murrells mulling options for online offering
UK convenience retailer The Co-operative Group is developing an online sales platform that it plans to trial this year.
The company, the UK's fifth-largest grocer, said it is investigating "a number of digital solutions" as it looks to expand into the country's GBP6.5bn (US$8.7bn) online grocery market.
"We're currently looking at a number of digital solutions to provide an online grocery offering, which will complement our strong community food retailing position," food retail chief Steve Murrells revealed.
"We recognise that the online grocery market is a rapidly growing channel, which provides a significant opportunity for us as, primarily, a convenience retailer. We have trials planned later in the year to help us identify the best convenient solution to online food retailing."
The move follows Morrisons entry into the online space through a tie-up with Ocado that will see it launch a web platform in January and the resumption of online deliveries from frozen food specialist Iceland.
This report provides a concise overview of the Confectionery market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends ...
Daylesford Organic has announced CEO Jamie Mitchell is to leave the UK firm after four years at the helm. ...
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015