UK: Co-op unveils online ambitions
Murrells mulling options for online offering
UK convenience retailer The Co-operative Group is developing an online sales platform that it plans to trial this year.
The company, the UK's fifth-largest grocer, said it is investigating "a number of digital solutions" as it looks to expand into the country's GBP6.5bn (US$8.7bn) online grocery market.
"We're currently looking at a number of digital solutions to provide an online grocery offering, which will complement our strong community food retailing position," food retail chief Steve Murrells revealed.
"We recognise that the online grocery market is a rapidly growing channel, which provides a significant opportunity for us as, primarily, a convenience retailer. We have trials planned later in the year to help us identify the best convenient solution to online food retailing."
The move follows Morrisons entry into the online space through a tie-up with Ocado that will see it launch a web platform in January and the resumption of online deliveries from frozen food specialist Iceland.
This report provides a concise overview of the Confectionery market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends ...
Daylesford Organic has announced CEO Jamie Mitchell is to leave the UK firm after four years at the helm. ...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report