UK: Co-op unveils online ambitions
Murrells mulling options for online offering
UK convenience retailer The Co-operative Group is developing an online sales platform that it plans to trial this year.
The company, the UK's fifth-largest grocer, said it is investigating "a number of digital solutions" as it looks to expand into the country's GBP6.5bn (US$8.7bn) online grocery market.
"We're currently looking at a number of digital solutions to provide an online grocery offering, which will complement our strong community food retailing position," food retail chief Steve Murrells revealed.
"We recognise that the online grocery market is a rapidly growing channel, which provides a significant opportunity for us as, primarily, a convenience retailer. We have trials planned later in the year to help us identify the best convenient solution to online food retailing."
The move follows Morrisons entry into the online space through a tie-up with Ocado that will see it launch a web platform in January and the resumption of online deliveries from frozen food specialist Iceland.
This report provides a concise overview of the Confectionery market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends ...
Daylesford Organic has announced CEO Jamie Mitchell is to leave the UK firm after four years at the helm. ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis