UK: Co-operative delivers "encouraging" 1% increase in quarterly LFL sales
- LFL increase of 1.0% for group
- Total food sales flat at £1,695.4m
- Chief exec says results encouraging but group has "much to do"
Co-operative Group sees LFL increase of 1.0% this quarter
The Co-operative Group's convenience stores have led the retailer to a successful final quarter as it celebrates a 1% like-for-like increase in sales against the same period last year.
In the 13 weeks to 4 January 2014, the group's convenience stores delivered like-for-like sales of 3.2% and in the three week run up to 4 January, like-for-like growth stood at 5.4%.
Total food sales were flat at GBP1.7m (US$2.8m), reflective of the group's focus to broaden its offering as a convenience retailer.
Steve Murrells, chief executive retail, The Co-operative Group, explained the results were encouraging but the group still had "much to do".
"Looking ahead, we believe that our core convenience stores should continue their strong performance. Through the rest of the year, we will continue to further develop our food strategy and customer offer around the core convenience estate, where we have a leading market presence and position."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
UK businesses The Wensleydale Creamery and Yorkshire Provender have established a brand tie-up....
The Co-operative Group Ltd is expected to consolidate its retailing division during the forecast period through the development of new outlet formats across all of its UK outlets. Following falling sa...
Fonterra is ranked in the top 21 among dairy players. However, this is due for the most part to its strong presence in Australasia. The company is looking to diversify, investing in a China-based dair...
"The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Mexico to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company researc...
"The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Austria to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company resear...
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015