UK: Co-operative launches "seasonal" product line
Taste the Seasons "addresses the growing desire for seasonal foods", the Co-operative said
The Co-operative has launched what it describes as a "major" product range, which will be refreshed to reflect UK seasons throughout 2011.
Called Taste the Seasons, the own-brand range "addresses the growing desire for seasonal foods", the retailer said today (24 January), making use of UK seasonal produce and reflecting "the mood and foods of each season".
The winter range - in stores now - includes products such as Lentil & Smoked Bacon soup, Deep Fill Steak & Stilton Pie and Beef Stew & Dumplings.
Of the rationale behind the range, a spokesperson for the retailer told just-food: “Seasonal foods are a huge trend, and whilst food magazines and celebrity chefs have been supporting this trend and helping to educate people regarding what is in season, when customers are actually in store it’s sometimes difficult to identify seasonal products and be inspired by seasonal foods.”
The spokesperson added: “The idea therefore was to create a range of easily identifiable seasonal products, that allow customers to spot these products in store, that taste great and promote eating seasonally and reflect the food mood of each season.”
The range, the spokesperson said, will have a “consistent look” in order for consumers to recognise the products in each 'season'.
Taste the Seasons is aimed at families and younger consumers “who want to ring the changes quickly and easily to their food purchases”.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target