UK: Co-operative revamps and extends Eat In line
The Co-op has added seven variants to its Eat In range
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has re-launched and extended its Eat In ready-to-cook range.
The group has given its Eat In range a "fresh" new look and added seven variants to the line. Additions include British Elmwood Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella, Asparagus & Smoked Bacon, Vegetable Tagine and British Elmwood Pork Joint with Barbecue Drizzle.
The Co-op said it has added "green dots" to the packaging of several dishes in the range, indicating they are low in fat or saturated fats, or provide one of your "five a day."
"The Eat In range is being extended due to the rise in popularity of these ready-prepared products," said Co-op's head of product development Kate Jones. "We're seeing more people choosing to stay in and cook a meal rather than spending money on an expensive meal out, and these delicious dishes are perfect for these occasions."
The new variants will launch on 17 October.
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs