UK: Co-operative revamps and extends Eat In line
The Co-op has added seven variants to its Eat In range
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has re-launched and extended its Eat In ready-to-cook range.
The group has given its Eat In range a "fresh" new look and added seven variants to the line. Additions include British Elmwood Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella, Asparagus & Smoked Bacon, Vegetable Tagine and British Elmwood Pork Joint with Barbecue Drizzle.
The Co-op said it has added "green dots" to the packaging of several dishes in the range, indicating they are low in fat or saturated fats, or provide one of your "five a day."
"The Eat In range is being extended due to the rise in popularity of these ready-prepared products," said Co-op's head of product development Kate Jones. "We're seeing more people choosing to stay in and cook a meal rather than spending money on an expensive meal out, and these delicious dishes are perfect for these occasions."
The new variants will launch on 17 October.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits