UK: Co-operative revamps and extends Eat In line
The Co-op has added seven variants to its Eat In range
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has re-launched and extended its Eat In ready-to-cook range.
The group has given its Eat In range a "fresh" new look and added seven variants to the line. Additions include British Elmwood Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella, Asparagus & Smoked Bacon, Vegetable Tagine and British Elmwood Pork Joint with Barbecue Drizzle.
The Co-op said it has added "green dots" to the packaging of several dishes in the range, indicating they are low in fat or saturated fats, or provide one of your "five a day."
"The Eat In range is being extended due to the rise in popularity of these ready-prepared products," said Co-op's head of product development Kate Jones. "We're seeing more people choosing to stay in and cook a meal rather than spending money on an expensive meal out, and these delicious dishes are perfect for these occasions."
The new variants will launch on 17 October.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report