UK: Co-operative revamps and extends Eat In line
The Co-op has added seven variants to its Eat In range
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has re-launched and extended its Eat In ready-to-cook range.
The group has given its Eat In range a "fresh" new look and added seven variants to the line. Additions include British Elmwood Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella, Asparagus & Smoked Bacon, Vegetable Tagine and British Elmwood Pork Joint with Barbecue Drizzle.
The Co-op said it has added "green dots" to the packaging of several dishes in the range, indicating they are low in fat or saturated fats, or provide one of your "five a day."
"The Eat In range is being extended due to the rise in popularity of these ready-prepared products," said Co-op's head of product development Kate Jones. "We're seeing more people choosing to stay in and cook a meal rather than spending money on an expensive meal out, and these delicious dishes are perfect for these occasions."
The new variants will launch on 17 October.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US