ISRAEL: Coca-cola bid to takeover dairy
Coca-Cola Israel is negotiating "at an advanced stage" to gain control of Zuriel Dairy Company. The purchase will be done through Tara Dairies, owned by Coca-Cola Israel, "with the idea to expand the range of dairy varieties it sells on the local market," as reported by Ynet.
Zuriel Dairies specialises in soy products, goat and salty cheeses. Its annual sales turnover amounts to NIS 40m (US$8.7m). Coca-Cola Israel is trying to add an international dairy concern to Tara.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast