USA: Coca-Cola - fighting back with Powerade - COMMENT (Members)
Coca-Cola's relaunch of Powerade has led to an increase in the sports drink's market share. Despite its lackluster performance in recent years, Powerade is now powering forward in the battle for share of the US sports drinks category. Its recent relaunch has helped the brand gain ground in a market dominated by Gatorade, now owned by Coca-Cola's chief rival PepsiCo. Powerade is a long, long way from catching up with Gatorade, however.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs