USA: Coca-Cola has a new pipedream, and the venture capital to develop it
Douglas Daft, CEO of Coca-Cola , has revealed his dream plan of piping the company's flagship soda drink straight into people's homes. Daft has ploughed venture capital into the pipedream, despite noting: "there's not a market yet. People still like to physically go and buy things, but one day, yes, this will be a reality." A New York innovations unit is now busy creating the system necessary to bring Coke to private houses' taps in the same way it is currently channelled into pubs and fastfood outlets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre