USA: Coca-Cola has a new pipedream, and the venture capital to develop it
Douglas Daft, CEO of Coca-Cola , has revealed his dream plan of piping the company's flagship soda drink straight into people's homes. Daft has ploughed venture capital into the pipedream, despite noting: "there's not a market yet. People still like to physically go and buy things, but one day, yes, this will be a reality." A New York innovations unit is now busy creating the system necessary to bring Coke to private houses' taps in the same way it is currently channelled into pubs and fastfood outlets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales