USA: Coca-Cola/P&G - standalone unit axed - COMMENT (Members)
Coca Cola has announced that it will scale back plans for its joint venture with Procter & Gamble. The decision to abandon plans to develop a stand-alone enterprise with P&G has been welcomed with relief from shareholders. Although the initial plans were poorly aligned in P&G's favor, Coca-Cola is on the right track to develop its non-carbonated offering and will still be keen to secure a smaller deal to benefit from P&G's R&D expertise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth