SINGAPORE: Cold Storage reveals new focus on "no frills" supermarkets
Following the successful launch of its hypermarket in Jurong East in July, supermarket operator Cold Storage has announced its intention to focus on "no frills" supermarkets positioned in the Housing Board heartlands of Singapore.
The company, which controls Jasons Supermarket chain and seven Tops stores, spoke of its ambitious expansion plans at the opening of its 34th Singapore outlet at Raffles City. It revealed that it is currently evaluating three potential sites for the second large hypermarket in its plans.
Cold Storage has got much experience under its management belt in terms of value for money supermarketing and expressed its confidence of success.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units