AUSTRALIA: Coles FY profits up 82%
Australia's second-largest supermarket operator, Coles Myer, reported an 82% surge in annual net profit today (21 September), up from A$637.9m last year to A$1.16bn for FY2006. This was achieved despite difficult market conditions with reduced consumer spending due to increasing fuel bills and interest rate hikes, the company said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth