AUSTRALIA: Coles Myer forecasts 21% annual profit growth
Beleaguered Australian retail giant Coles Myer has forecast annual profit growth of around 21% at its annual meeting. CEO John Fletcher told the meeting that the group expects to post 2002/03 earnings in line with market expectations of between A$425m and A$435m (US$237m-243m). In October, Coles Myer reported a net profit of A$354m for 2001/02, up 6% from the previous year as its Myer Grace department stores struggled to make ends meet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations