AUSTRALIA: Coles Myer forecasts 21% annual profit growth
Beleaguered Australian retail giant Coles Myer has forecast annual profit growth of around 21% at its annual meeting. CEO John Fletcher told the meeting that the group expects to post 2002/03 earnings in line with market expectations of between A$425m and A$435m (US$237m-243m). In October, Coles Myer reported a net profit of A$354m for 2001/02, up 6% from the previous year as its Myer Grace department stores struggled to make ends meet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund