AUSTRALIA: Coles Myer nears completion of financial services alliance
Australian retailer Coles Myer is close to finalising a banking partnership with either Westpac Banking Corp. or HSBC Group's Australian subsidiary. The Westpac submission is believed more likely to succeed. "There's no final decision yet. But this is a sensible way forward for them [Coles Myer] in terms of leveraging off their customer base," an industry source told Dow Jones "HSBC made a bonafide run at this but there's a very strong relationship there with Westpac," the source said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth