AUSTRALIA: Coles to boost line of private-label products
Australian retailing giant Coles Myer has revealed plans to boost its range of own-brand labels in its Coles and Bi-Lo supermarkets throughout the country. CEO John Fletcher explained that the expansion of own-brands to cover more than 3,600 products is part of a strategy to increase profit margins and revenues across the food and liquor division. There are currently 3,100 products in store that carry private-label brands including Farmland, Coles, Savings, Reliance, Bi-Lo, Embassy and Candy Lane.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action