BELGIUM: Colruyt appoints Ter Beke chief as CFO
Hofman will take up the role on 1 April, Colruyt said yesterday (7 January). He replaces Wim Biesemans, who last September announced his intention to become CEO of Parkwind NV, a company that acts as a vehicle for Colruyt's investments in wind energy.
Beyond 1 April, Biesemans will continue to shoulder most of Colruyt's financial responsibility for several weeks, in order for Hofman to become acquainted with the business.
"As the CEO at Ter Beke, I had great contacts with a few employees of Colruyt Group," said Hofman. "So, I know the company and the way in which they work very well."
Jeff Colruyt, CEO of Colruyt Group, said of Hofman: "His experience as an auditor with Arthur Andersen, and as CFO with SUN International Group and Ter Beke, make him a perfect candidate for the function.
"His experience as the director of the meat production division at Ter Beke comes in handy since at Colruyt Group we also have production departments for meat, coffee and cheese."
PRESS RELEASE – Halle (Belgium), 7 January 2013 17:45h
Marc Hofman (Ter Beke) new Colruyt Group CFO as from 1 April 2013
Marc Hofman, currently CEO of the Ter Beke Group, quoted on the stock exchange, will be the new CFO of Colruyt Group as from 1 April 2013. Hofman is very experienced as an auditor and financial director. He was also in charge of the meat products division at Ter Beke since 2005 after which he became the CEO of the group in 2008. For CEO Jef Colruyt he is cut out to succeed Wim Biesemans as CFO of Colruyt Group. At the end of September 2012 Biesemans announced his intention to set to work as CEO of Parkwind NV.
"I am very pleased that Marc Hofman decided to join Colruyt Group. His experience as an auditor with Arthur Andersen and as CFO with SUN International Group and Ter Beke make him a perfect candidate for the function," says Jef Colruyt, CEO of Colruyt Group. "His experience as the director of the meat production division at Ter Beke comes in handy since
Original source: http://www.colruytgroup.com/colruytgroup/static/assets/financieel/PDF/07-01-2013-hofman-en.pdf
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015