BELGIUM/FRANCE: Colruyt buys French food distributor
Belgian food retailer Colruyt has said its French food retail and foodservice firm Pro A Pro Distribution has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of Lyon-based Perache.
Perache is a distribution company active in the foodservice sector, with an assortment of groceries and non-food products. In the fiscal year 2003-2004 Perache reported turnover of €3.5m (US$4.5m).
"The acquisition of Perache and the start of a new warehouse in Lyon by the end of 2005 will allow for an accelerated future growth of the activities of Pro A Pro Distribution in the Rhone Alpes region," Colruyt said.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp