NEW ZEALAND: Commerce Commission OKs Fonterra bid for Grated Cheese Co.
The New Zealand competition watchdog the Commerce Commission today [Monday] gave the go-ahead to a 50%-owned unit of Fonterra Cooperative Group Ltd to buy the outstanding 50% of Grated Cheese Co. (GCC) it doesn't already own. GCC produces grated, shredded and diced cheeses under the Greenfields brand from raw material supplied by Fonterra. It exports products to Australia, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex