EU/UK: Commission clears Cargill-Banks commodities merger
The European Commission has approved the creation of a joint venture supplying agricultural commodities, involving Cargill Plc and SCB Holdings (Sandy) Ltd ( Banks ), who will combine forces in the UK. Because the merger involves two significant players in the sector, the Commission examined the deal, but it has concluded that competition will not be seriously at risk, because of the existence of rival merchants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes