EU: Commission clears Nordzucker-Arla tagatose joint venture
The European Commission has cleared a joint venture between German sugar giant Nordzucker and Danish dairy firm Arla Foods to produce the sweetener tagatose. Tagatose is a sweetener made from milk that Arla says tastes like real sugar but has around one-third the calories. In April, Arla and Nordzucker opened the first tagatose production plant in Germany, reported Reuters. Arla said then that it may build a second factory in Denmark if demand meets expectations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- ABF sees further grocery revival