EU: Commission extends Friesland-Campina merger inquiry
The European Commission today (19 September) pushed back the deadline for completion of its investigation into the proposed merger of dairy groups Friesland Foods and Campina.
In July, the Commission commenced an in-depth investigation into the proposed merger of the Dutch companies, voicing concern that the deal could reduce competition in the European Economic Area and result in increased dairy prices.
The EU was due to have concluded its inquiry into the competition implications of the merger by 24 November. However, according to the list of planned mergers under review, a new deadline of 1 December has now been set.
If the deal goes ahead, it will create one of the world's largest dairy concerns with total annual sales of around EUR9.1bn (US$13.2bn).
Central and Eastern Europe, once an attractive place for consumer goods companies to do business, has not proved immune to the global downturn. Over the weekend, EU leaders agreed to boost IMF emergen...
Arla Foods is looking to enter the Dutch liquid milk market through the acquisition of Friesland Foods Fresh Nijkerk from FrieslandCampina....
A Paris court has ordered a subsidiary of Lactalis to pay damages for wrongfully marketing its products as feta....
Europe's food safety watchdog has published risks that it sees arising from the migration of the substance 4-methylbenzophenone from packaging into certain breakfast cereals....
The EU Council of Ministers has backed member states who have blocked production of genetically modified foods previously approved by the EU....
The failure of the European Commission to propose a harmonised EU-wide scheme for food labelling has been attacked by the European Parliament's spokesperson on the issue....
The US is moving towards food industry protectionism, the European Commission has warned in an analysis of the country's 2008 Farm Bill....
The European Commission has authorised French restructuring aid of EUR3.6m (US$4.6m) to Tilly-Sabco, the poultry export arm of French co-operative group Unicopa....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image