EU: Commission launches search for head of new Food Safety Authority
The Commission of the European Union today [Wednesday] launched the procedure to find an executive director to head up the new European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). While the location of the new agency has yet to be decided, the Commission said it was forging ahead with practical planning to ensure that it can start its operations as soon as practicable. The authority is a major component of the wide ranging reform of EU food law launched by the Prodi Commission in its January 2000 White Paper on Food Safety.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund