EU: Commission launches website on applications to register quality products
As from today [Tuesday], applications to register a product as a 'Protected Designation of Origin' (PDO), a 'Protected Geographical Indication' (PGI) or a 'Traditional Speciality Guaranteed' (TSG) can be consulted on the website of the European Union's Directorate-General for Agriculture. This new service should contribute to more transparency, simplification and effectiveness in the consultation procedure before registration of a PDO/PGI/TSG, the EU Commission said. The rules on the protection of geographical indications and designations of origin of agricultural products and foodstuffs and the rules on certificates of specific character for agricultural products and foodstuffs foresee that at least six months before finally registering a product, the European Commission has to publish the main characteristics of the application request in the Official Journal of the European Communities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report