EU: Commission OKs Parcom’s Bakkersland buy
The European Commission today (1 September) gave clearance for investment firm Parcom Capital to acquire Bakkersland Groep.
Bakkersland is a Netherlands-based bakery group that manufactures products under the Bakkersland and Barilla brands.
Central and Eastern Europe, once an attractive place for consumer goods companies to do business, has not proved immune to the global downturn. Over the weekend, EU leaders agreed to boost IMF emergen...
Italy's competition authority has fined 26 pasta makers a total of EUR12.5m (US$15.9m) for allegedly taking part in a price-fixing scheme....
The failure of the European Commission to propose a harmonised EU-wide scheme for food labelling has been attacked by the European Parliament's spokesperson on the issue....
The US is moving towards food industry protectionism, the European Commission has warned in an analysis of the country's 2008 Farm Bill....
The European Commission has authorised French restructuring aid of EUR3.6m (US$4.6m) to Tilly-Sabco, the poultry export arm of French co-operative group Unicopa....
The European Commission has accused the Italian government of dragging its feet over the implementation of EU rules requiring food manufacturers to label products with potentially allergenic ingredien...
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has approved a children's health claim submitted under EU health and nutrition regulations by the Spanish business of dairy giant Danone....
The extent of the intervention planned by the European Commission to stabilise the EU's tumbling dairy markets has been clarified today (22 January)....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti