EU: Commission opts for long-term fish stocks recovery plan
The European Commission has decided against a moratorium in favour of an improved long-term recovery plan for cod and hake in line with the latest scientific findings. Speaking in the European Parliament, Fisheries Commissioner Franz Fischler said the Commission had already proposed a reduction in fishing effort a year ago in its recovery plan for cod and hake. Fischler added that no European Council decision had been forthcoming and in the meantime the situation had continued to worsen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli