EU: Commission opts for long-term fish stocks recovery plan
The European Commission has decided against a moratorium in favour of an improved long-term recovery plan for cod and hake in line with the latest scientific findings. Speaking in the European Parliament, Fisheries Commissioner Franz Fischler said the Commission had already proposed a reduction in fishing effort a year ago in its recovery plan for cod and hake. Fischler added that no European Council decision had been forthcoming and in the meantime the situation had continued to worsen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations