EU: Commission proposes aid for Czech and Slovak farmers hit by floods
The European Commission has today [Wednesday] adopted a proposal to help restore rural areas in the Czech Republic and Slovakia which have been heavily affected by the floods in mid August. In order to achieve this the Commission wants to amend the pre-accession instrument for agriculture SAPARD in such a way that the ceiling of public aid would be increased from 50% to 75% and the EU contribution from 75% to 85% of this public aid part for relevant SAPARD projects in the rural areas affected.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin