EU: Commission proposes geographical protection of "Feta" cheese
The European Commission has adopted a proposal for a Council regulation on the registration of the Greek "Feta" cheese as a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO). According to the proposal, "Feta" cheese can only be produced in certain areas of Greece and respecting strict product specifications. Producers in other Member States or not respecting these specifications will be given a maximum five-year transitional period to change the name or to stop production.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales