EU: Commission releases inventory of TSE's
An inventory of all research that is currently being carried out in the fighting of TSE's, the disease family of which BSE is the most infamous member, is to be released by the European Commission. It asked a high-level group of exports to produce a list, which is to be published next Monday (23/04) by EU research Commissioner Philippe Busquin. He said: "So far no complete picture did exist as to what research is carried out by whom in different parts of Europe." Commissioner Busquin said that the aim was to "introduce more coherence in (the) research." The Commission will later call for joint-research proposals on BSE, which will receive EU funding.
By Keith Nuthall, just-food.com correspondent
The US Department of Agriculture says it has identified the source of the case of BSE confirmed recently....
US agriculture secretary Mike Johanns has announced that the US Department of Agriculture has received final test results from the Veterinary Laboratories Agency in Weybridge, England, confirming that...
Biotechnology company Vacci-Test Corporation has announced that a simple, reliable and economical diagnostic tool for the detection in live cattle of infectious brain diseases, including Bovine Spongi...
The US Department of Agriculture has said a suspected BSE sample has been sent to the UK for further testing after two separate tests gave different results....
The Ugandan government has banned the import of all dairy products to stop the possible entry of the disease BSE, according to the agency AFP....
Japan's independent Food Safety Commission has today (Friday) approved an easing of the blanket testing of all cows for BSE, paving the way for lifting an import ban on US beef, the Kyodo news agency ...
US meat company Tyson Foods Inc has reported lower income, despite higher sales, for the quarter and half year ended 2 April....
US meat company has filed a brief supporting the US Department of Agriculture's appeal against a recent court decision that has delayed the reopening of the US border to Canadian cattle imports....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review