EU: Commission tables strategy for fish farming
For the first time ever, the European Commission has issued a strategy for the sustainable development of European fish farming (aquaculture). This strategy is part of a series of proposals issued by the Commission to reform the Common Fisheries Policy. Aquaculture can generate much needed jobs in coastal areas which suffer from a chronic lack of employment opportunities, the Commission said. It provides a regular supply of safe, quality fisheries products at affordable prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin