UK: Committee on Toxicity backs EC calls for new safety limits on dioxins in food
The Government's Committee on Toxicity has today agreed to back European Commission calls for tough new safety limits on the level of dioxins in people's food. The new limits will be five times lower than those currently existing in the UK. The Food Standards Agency has also revealed today that one third of the UK population regularly consumes food that contains unsafe levels of dioxins.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target