UK: Committee on Toxicity backs EC calls for new safety limits on dioxins in food
The Government's Committee on Toxicity has today agreed to back European Commission calls for tough new safety limits on the level of dioxins in people's food. The new limits will be five times lower than those currently existing in the UK. The Food Standards Agency has also revealed today that one third of the UK population regularly consumes food that contains unsafe levels of dioxins.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast